I’ve been updating my wordpress blogs the past weeks.
On www.edwinsoriano.com, I was trying to update one of my widgets. But when I click “save” on the widget, I kept getting this error:
Are you sure you want to do this?
Please try again.
After many attempts and getting the same result, I did a Google search for “WordPress error are you sure you want to do this“. Most of the results had to do with WordPress MU which I wasn’t using.
I was able to fix the error on my own. I found that if I deactivate one of my plugins, I no longer get the error.
Here’s how I did it:
- In WordPress, Go to Plugins section
- Deactivate ALL plugins
- Test if updating your widget now works.
3.a. If widget update works, it means one of your plugins is causing the error. –> Proceed to step 4.
3.b. If widget update still doesn’t work, it means the error is *not* caused by a plugin. –> I have no other solution so far.
- RE-Activate your plugins one by one, each time checking if widget updating still works.
- When you find a plugin that, when reactivated, causes the widget updating to have an error — REJOICE! You’ve found the erring plugin.
5.a. Update this plugin or revert to older versions of the plugin. See if that works.
5.b. Deactivate this plugin.
- Repeat step 4 until all other plugins are reactivated.
Now I’m a happy puppy because I found a solution for the error in www.edwinsoriano.com . Hope the solution above can help other bloggers too.
One post-script, though. I’m encountering the same problem in www.technobiography.com . And the above solution isn’t working — I get the scenario 3.b. where the plugins do not cause the error.I’ll try in a while: reverting to basic theme. Let’s see if that works.
Incoming search terms:
- are you sure you want block this contact (2)
- are you sure you want to do this? gantry wordpress (2)
- Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again (2)
- are you sure you want to do this? in wordpress (1)