Looks like Liberty is in town.Â Saw this at the Petron station in Buendia cor. Makati Ave. They call it Wi-Tribe (Pronounced “wye tribe”). And they call it a 4G (4th generation) broadband technology.
Some quick bullets:
- I remember my friends at Intel being part of the WiMax testing back in circa 2005/2006 . Glad to know it’s now reaching the masses … slowly but surely.
- I hear they’re offering trial accounts in selected areas
- I hear (again) that they’re giving a guarantee of internet speeds of 2Mbps at P999 . That’s fast and cheap.
- The modem is rather big. It’s nomadic — meaning it can be transferred from one place to another, but it will not work *while* it’s being moved.
More info when we have them.
Update Jan 31:
- They’ve got a Philippine website: http://www.wi-tribe.ph/
- From Manuel Villoria: http://www.viloria.com/secondthoughts/archives/00001778.html
Here’s a clipping from: http://www.wi-tribe.ph/facts-about-4g/
Facts about 4G
wi-tribe uses 4G because it is the future of broadband technology the entire world is moving towards.
4G (Fourth Generation) is the class of technologies that delivers hi-speed broadband and multimedia services and applications.
In contrast, 3G is voice technology that is being used for some internet applications like small screen applications and casual surfing.
Facts about 4G in a broadband application:
4G is broadband that delivers true wired speeds without wires.
4G is faster because it has more bandwidth.
4G is completely portable so you can enjoy it in your office, so you can bring it to your favorite coffee-shop,Â or your hang out.
4G is 3 times faster than 3G technology.
4G is the preferred broadband technology that will give you the richer,Â pleasurable internet experience you truly deserve.
2298 Chino Roces Ave. Extn.
Makati City, Philippines
Email us @ email@example.com
Call us @ 31 – tribe (31 – 87423)
Incoming search terms:
- smart wimax (39)
- my bro wimax (31)
- wi tribe wifi modem (17)
- wi tribe modem (13)
- witribe (11)
- yhse-001 (3)